Tourism Jiangsu (Jiangsu Provincial Tourism Bureau), regulated by the Jiangsu Province Government, is responsible for developing, promoting, and regulating Jiangsu’s tourism industry. The agency’s primary functions are:
- Implementing relevant national tourism policies and regulations; developing provincial tourism management laws, regulations and relevant policies, standards, and implementing them.
- Developing the provincial tourism development strategy; preparing the middle-term and long-term planning and developing tourism annual planning; and preparing provincial tourism statistics.
- Setting the strategy to explore and develop international and domestic tourism markets; organizing important promotions and publicizing the whole identity of provincial tourism; and organizing and directing the development of important tourism products and product types.
- Actively promoting the development of international, domestic, and outbound tourism.
- Supervising tourism market order and service quality; handling tourist complaints; and maintaining the rights and interests of both tourism operators and tourism consumers.
- Strengthening the supervision and inspection of safety management in tourist hotels, travel agencies and tourism units; and guiding and supervising the security of tourism attractions and recreation facilities by cooperating with the relevant departments.
- Organizing investigations and evaluations of tourism resources; participating in the planning and project approval of tourism resources, infrastructure construction and environmental improvements; doing a good job in declaring and managing the provincial projects which will be in the list of the state's key tourism infrastructure projects.
- Managing provincial tourism operating units; and researching and guiding the reform of the tourism system.
- Developing provincial tourism industry personnel training programs; strengthening the training of tourism employees; and setting up the License and Qualification Criteria Systems for tourism employees and implementation.
- Guiding the building of a special culture for the provincial tourism industry.
- Carrying out other policies and directives issued by the State and the provincial government.
The Jiangsu Provincial Tourism Bureau has seven departments: General Administration; Policy and Legal Department; Marketing and Promotion Division; Planning and Statistics Department; Industry Management Department; Human Resources Department; and Party Membership Committee. In addition, the Jiangsu Provincial Tourism Bureau has three affiliated organizations: Jiangsu Tourism Bureau Information Center; Jiangsu Provincial Tourism Quality Management Institute; and Jiangsu Tourism Bureau Development and Consulting Center.